“Be a Neighbor – Feed a Neighbor”
Volunteer activities can include collecting food from drives and sorting donated food.
Most volunteers work at the Pantry - stocking shelves, keeping paperwork orderly and
assisting clients while they make their food selections. A minimum of 6 volunteers are
needed to operate each day that the Food Pantry is open.
Volunteer Opportunities Include the following:
- Food Recovery: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday Mornings
- Garden Assistance: Year Round Opportunities
- Assisting Clients During Operations: Tuesday, Thursday, 1st and 3rd Saturday
of the month. 8:45 AM to Noon
- Evening Stocking: Monday 7:00 PM or Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Cleaning/Maintenance Assistance
- Food Drive Assistance
- Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) Deliveries: 2nd & 4th Wednesday
*Opportunities are posted on United Way of Greater McHenry County (volunteer
section)...use keywords "food pantry."