“Be a Neighbor – Feed a Neighbor”
Welcome to the Algonquin Lake in the Hills Interfaith Food Pantry. We are here to help
you on a temporary basis. Here is a list of things that you will need to know:
1. As stated in the Algonquin Lake in the Hills Interfaith Food Pantry By-Laws:
a. Article I Section 2. To provide supplemental food on a TEMPORARY basis to
individuals and families in need who reside within the municipal boundaries of
Algonquin and Lake in the Hills, Illinois.
b. Section 3. To provide the above-mentioned service as needed until other social
service programs established to address longer term needs are successfully accessed.
2. You must completely fill out an application to be served. Proof of residency within
the boundaries of the Village of Algonquin or the Village of Lake in the Hills is required.
State identification card, piece of mail or utility bill showing the recipient name and
address are acceptable forms of verification of residency. False information may be
grounds for refusal of food. Information on the application is used to determine how
much food you need.
3. You may come only twice each month, on whichever days best suit your schedule.
Our hours are Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 AM until noon and the 1st and 3rd
Saturday from 9:30 AM until 11:30 AM. If you have questions, please feel free to call
us during our business hours, at (847) 854-1904.
4. We are not a government agency. We are run by volunteers from the Algonquin and
Lake in the Hills community, area churches and service organizations. We are all
volunteers. Much of our food is donated. We thank God for the continued support of
this ministry and pray that He will watch over all of our clients and workers.
5. We are closed major holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving and Christmas.